Our innovative membership products are tried and tested by tens of thousands of members across East Africa. They are divided into two broad categories:
- Annual Membership – This covers membership for 1 year
- Short Stay/ Temporary Membership – This covers membership for short periods ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months.
Under each category of membership, there are two subcategories, depending on the distance from Nairobi:
- 500km – This covers a radius of 500km from Nairobi, which is essentially most of Kenya, excluding the northern most parts, parts of Uganda up until Kampala, and parts of Northern Tanzania, including Arusha and sections just north of Dodoma. Anybody traveling to the major tourist destinations in East Africa, such as the Maasai Mara, Mt Kilimanjaro, Mombasa, Aberdare Ranges, and Mt Kenya are covered within this radius.
- 1,000km – This covers the whole of East Africa, including Rwanda and Burundi. Travelers going for Gorilla safaris, to Zanzibar, to Southern Tanzania or to North Western Uganda are all covered by this radius.
Members are entitled to one free aeromedical evacuation to a hospital of their choice within Nairobi. Upon registration, members receive:
- Membership cards for individual members.
- Quarterly newsletters.
- Attractive car stickers.
- 24hr access to the Flying Doctor’s Emergency Response Centre for medical advice and air ambulance requests.
If you live, work or are travelling within East Africa (Kenya Uganda and Tanzania), Rwanda and Burundi (anywhere within a maximum of 1000 Km’s of Nairobi) it is extremely useful to become a member of the Flying Doctors Society of Africa. Medical facilities outside cities are few and far between and many rural hospitals do not have facilities for critical care. In the case of a medical emergency, getting to a well equipped hospital fast with expert care in transit could mean the difference between life and death.